Creamy Italian Dressing

 Salad Dressing

Getting salad dressing when you are on a low histamine, MCAS diet is rough. Common issues with salad dressings for me is lemon juice and milk. Vinegar I try to limit in my diet, but condiments is an area I don't worry about unless I am in a flare.

Creamy Italian dressing is a nice substitute when you are a ranch lover. Is it perfect? No, but if you're on a heavily restricted like mine you take what you can get. A nicety of many condiments is they are often mayonnaise based or easily switched to it. I can't find a creamy Italian dressing premade, but with a quick google search I found this recipe to use on allrecipes. I avoided some things, but it gave me a good start.

I used a small (~1 cup) food processer to combine the ingredients and stored them in an old mustard bottle. The recipe I was referencing used a whole cup of mayo. I just added all the ingredients then filled the rest of the way with mayo. 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • ½ small onion
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic paste
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
In the future I might try making my own mayonnaise again and using that. I'll also measure out the above ingredients. I think I used 1½ tablespoon white sugar and its definitely a bit sweet. Its not bad though by any means. If you can tolerate vinegar or lemon it would add a nice touch to the dressing, but I don't miss it really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Dog Shedding Season Tips